The ABCs of Quality Improvement (QI) is a one-day in-person training designed to teach you the basic principles of Quality Improvement. The course covers the followings topics:
- What is Quality Improvement?
- Introduction to the Model for Improvement
- How to create an Aim (project goal) statement
- How to use data to measure quality and drive improvement
- Tips for developing change ideas that lead to improvement
- Testing changes with the Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA) cycle
Who Should Attend?
The course is designed for individuals working on quality improvement projects including: medical directors, clinicians, QI managers/coordinators, data analysts, front and back office staff, clinic/operations managers, IT and finance personnel and patients.
The ABCs of QI training curriculum was originally developed with sponsorship from the California HealthCare Foundation’s California Improvement Network (CIN). Training materials are adapted from that original content.
Partnership HealthPlan partnered with the community clinic consortia, Health Alliance of Northern California (HANC) and the North Coast Clinics Network (NCCN), to offer a five-week ABCs of QI webinar series between July 17 and August 14, 2015 to staff from their member community clinics. The recordings of these webinars are available by clicking here.