The ABCs of Quality Improvement (QI) is a training designed to teach you the basic principles of quality improvement. The course covers the following topics:
- What is quality improvement?
- Introduction to the Model for Improvement
- How to create an aim statement (project goal)
- How to use data to measure quality and to drive improvement
- Tips for developing change ideas that lead to improvement
- Testing changes with the Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA) cycle
Who Should Attend?
The course is designed for clinicians, practice managers, quality improvement team members, and staff who are responsible for participating and leading quality improvement efforts within their organization.
The ABCs of QI training curriculum was originally developed with sponsorship from the California HealthCare Foundation’s California Improvement Network (CIN). Training materials are adapted from that original content.
Previously recorded ABCs of QI Sessions can be viewed by clicking here.