California Children's Services (CCS)

California Children's Services (CCS) is a state program for children with certain diseases or health problems. CCS program provides diagnostic and treatment services, medical case management, and physical and occupational therapy services to children under age 21 with CCS-eligible medical conditions. Examples of CCS-eligible conditions include, but are not limited to, chronic medical conditions such as cystic fibrosis, hemophilia, cerebral palsy, heart disease, cancer, traumatic injuries, and infectious diseases producing major sequelae. CCS also provides medical therapy services that are delivered at public schools.

The CCS program is administered as a partnership between county health departments and the California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS). Currently, approximately 70 percent of CCS children are eligible for Medi-Cal benefits, and receive care under a Medi-Cal Managed Care Plan such as Partnership HealthPlan of California (PHC). The other 30 percent of CCS children, who are not eligible for Medi-Cal benefits will receive care coordinated by DHCS and local counties.

REDESIGNING CCS: THE WHOLE CHILD MODEL​

DHCS is planning to implement the Whole Child Model (WCM) in all fourteen counties of PHC no sooner than January 2019. The WCM is an organized delivery system that will assure comprehensive, coordinated services through enhanced partnerships among Medi-Cal managed care plans, children’s hospitals, specialty care providers, and counties. Under the WCM, PHC will provide CCS services including care coordination and utilization management services, as well as Medi-Cal benefits to all CCS eligible children in our service areas. As PHC begins this program, we are interested in working with various stakeholders including counties, providers, and families to ensure a smooth transition for the CCS children.

For questions, please call Member Services at (800) 863-4155.

​IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS

  • CCS Whole Child Frequently Asked Questions - Click Here

​FOR CCS PROVIDERS

FOR CCS CHILDREN & FAMILY MEMBERS

  • County CCS office contact information - Click Here
  • Special Education: Expert and Parent Tips on Advocating for Your Young Child - Click Here

​​ADDITIONAL RESOURCES