Comprehensive Substance Use Services for PHC Members
What is the Wellness and Recovery Program?
The Wellness and Recovery Program is Partnership's work to ensure that our members get effective and appropriate behavioral health care services. This includes mental health services as well as substance use treatment services. The Wellness and Recovery Benefit refers to the specific array of services – often called "Drug Medi-Cal" – for the treatment of substance use disorders.
The Wellness and Recovery Benefit
Partnership's new benefit will add to the current network of county-administered limited outpatient; intensive outpatient; and narcotic treatment (methadone) programs to include withdrawal management; medication-assisted treatment; residential care and case management services. Services will be available to all Medi-Cal recipients who meet the medical necessity criteria as determined by the American Society of Addiction Management (ASAM) scale. While these services will eventually be available in all PHC counties, some counties will administer the services directly and in other counties*, PHC will be administering them as part of our overall health care services in that county. The range of services include:
- Outpatient treatment (licensed professional or certified counselor, provide nine hours per week for adults)
- Intensive outpatient treatment for individuals with greater treatment needs (licensed professional or certified counselor, structured programming, nine-19 hours per week for adults)
- Detoxification services (withdrawal management)
- Residential treatment (One ASAM level, DHCS licensed facility, certified staff)
- Medically assisted treatment (methadone, buprenorphine, disulfiram, naloxone)
*Initally, PHC will be providing these services, starting February 2020, in Humboldt, Lassen, Mendocino, Modoc, Shasta, Siskiyou, Solano, and Trinity counties.
Have questions? Join PHC's calls with potential providers and interested parties on the first Monday of each month. Email email@example.com for details.
Provider Resources: State of California DMC-ODS website Contact Us: DrugMediCalPHC@partnershiphp.org